Thursday, February 5, 2009

You know you want to look away, but it's too late


Here’s a NYT article about the facebook meme I referred to yesterday (Thanks KGH!)

I’m a goo goo muck over the fact that Lux Interior, lead singer of the Cramps, died yesterday at the age of 60.

Thank you for the cornbread. I am also stealing your jacket. link

bacon explosion on YouTube

Etta James’ still got it, man – 71 years old and smackin’ down on Beyoncé.

In other non-news:
I bought Springsteen tickets…May 11. I’m not thrilled about being in seats as opposed to general admission, but it is what it is. I’m still excited and I won’t be mocked by the likes of you.

I read the book What is the What by Dave Eggers and Valentino Achak Deng, I highly recommend it as a gripping, sort-of-fictional narrative written by Eggers and one of the “Lost Boys” of Sudan.

I’m off to see John Cameron Mitchell tonight at the Heights Theater. It’s “The Talkies” a new series of directors commenting on their seminal works. There’s a showing of the film version of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and then Mitchell will narrate. I LOVE Hedwig, but I’ll not be wearing my big foam wig. (Too rude to those seated behind me.)

I am science-fair-free for another year – holla!

Happy warm up, Lone Reader!

No comments: