Monday, September 14, 2009

What's Goin' On?



Lone Reader! It’s been so long! What has happened since our one-sided dialogue went on hiatus?

Hmmm…a visit from a dear friend, another friend bought a house and yet another adopted a baby. School started, I learned a few new acronyms, went to karaoke birthdays, work, work and more work.

I read Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks, a novel about a 17th c. plague village in England. Good, not great. I’m currently reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. Jury’s still out, since I’m only 40 pages in.

I saw numerous movies including Chicago & Little Shop of Horrors (karaoke puts one in the mind of movie musicals) Frozen River (LOVED it), Mama Mia, 500 Days of Summer, Up, Funny People and A Perfect Getaway. Back to Little Shop of Horrors, I adore Ellen Greene. Sigh.

Karaoke songs sung:
River Deep, Mountain High (Tina Turner)
Tempted (Squeeze)
Fever (Peggy Lee)
What’s Up (4 Non Blondes)
Joey (Concrete Blonde)
Voices Carry (Til Tuesday)

My sister, brother, brother-in-law and niece all rode bikes in a fundraiser last weekend, raising money to fight pancreatic cancer. I’m proud of them, and consider myself part of the team, but will not be getting on a bike anytime soon. (Bring back the dance marathon and I’ll do it.)

Now the kids are back in school, the fundraiser is over at work and I’m back to a semblance of my normal self. This weekend I’m driving to the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival with the kids. Should be fun and a much-needed break.

What’ve you been up to, Lone Reader? Has summer crept to a close for you or are you still going full-tilt as we head into the brief MN autumn?

You know I’ve missed you so. More soon and we’ll get back to where we once belonged. (from a facebook friend: “How many times am I expected to buy THE SAME DAMN Beatles songs on CD?”)

Stay the course, sweet baby!

No comments: