Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Twine Ball Part I

I loaded up the family over Spring Break and headed for Darwin, MN – home of the Largest Ball of Twine assembled by one person. It’s a fairly boring drive, straight out west of the Twin Cities, but as we approached the twine ball we sensed the change in the air. “What’s that smell?” I murmured. “Sisal” answered the westerly breeze.





Yes, it IS a large twine ball. Sadly, it’s completely encased in a glass pavilion, which makes both photography and tactile appreciation darn near impossible. Still, pretty impressive. There’s a mailbox near the pavilion with a guest book in it. I may have written in it something to the effect of “That’s a pretty impressive ball of twine…almost as impressive as the one in Cawker City, KS.”

Yeah, I’m startin’ a twine war, my friends. Are you with me or agin me?

Happy sunshine day, Lone Reader!

No comments: