Thursday, April 10, 2008

From the ashes will rise the phoenix


Okay, so it’s time for me to eat crow. It would appear that I had done a bit of bragging about my air hockey talents – yeah, I gots mad table skills, what can I say? Well, Lone Reader, a certain drummer got sick of the trash talk and challenged me to a game or two. I was brash, talkin’ smack and confident. I’ve VERY rarely ever lost at air hockey. (Well okay, I lost at Gameworks a few years ago, but there were drinks involved and it was a freaky table that suddenly shoots out multiple pucks. It overwhelmed my mojito-addled brain.)

Well, you can see it comin’…Velma got schooled. It wasn’t a total blowout; I won one game out of four. Sigh. I’ve got to start my serious training for the re-match. (Wax on, wax off…) I did flog his fanny at basketball and Ms. PacMan.

And for your edification:
the USAA (United States Airhockey Association) World Rankings (note I’m not on there.) Yeah, I know you're thinking, "Has Wil Upchurch finally been knocked off the throne?" Nah, not yet, but my money's on Brian Accrocco - he came outta nowhere.

Don’t let the crummy weather get you down, man. Just click your heels three times and say, “There’s no place like Spring, there’s no place like Spring…”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I have so beat you at air hockey....

drumsandcoffee said...

My money's on Heather Brinkley - the only female to make the list. Sisters, unite!

Velma said...

In response to "anonymous" I say this...nuh-uh. You know I've kicked your keester six ways to Sunday. I think your real name is "Liar Pants"