Friday, April 25, 2008

Rainy days and Republicans always get me down


Well, this is a pretty grim weekend in the Twin Cities…today nothin’ but rain and tomorrow, snow. It’s okay, though, ‘cause I went to Costco today (home of all things gigantic) and got snacks and the two pack of Agent Cody Banks movies. (Be still your jealous heart.) Tonight is going to be all about curling up in a warm house and watching really bad kids’ flicks.

Tomorrow I’m going to the Art Crawl with my young ‘uns. I’m trying to get them hopped up about it, but really, it could go either way. Yes, it’s way cool to go to artists’ studios, but is it really cool enough for a 6-year-old? I dunno…I’ll report back. I haven’t been for several years, and I’m going to be handing out tons of cards and schmoozing it up. Hopefully I’ll see some things I can’t live without that are in my price range. (The first part is easy; the second, hard.) I also anticipate that it’ll jump start my desire to start my own art-making again. Will I make good on it? Stay tuned…and I’ll post a review of the crawl when I get back.

Sunday afternoon is a reception for church stuff, which should be good. Yes, I said church. The Unitarian church has been amazing for me and the wee ones over this past two years. It’s a place I feel really comfortable, even when I didn’t think I’d ever know comfort again. Despite my insistence that internet jokes are lamer than my mama’s excuses, I offer you two Unitarian jokes:

Q. What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness with a Unitarian?
A. Someone who knocks on your door for no apparent reason.
------------------
Three people are discussing when life begins.

The Catholic says: Life begins at the moment of conception.
The Jew says: Life begins at the moment of birth.
The Unitarian says: You're both wrong. Life begins when the last child goes to college and the dog dies.

And apropos nothing, the YouTube link to Obama giving Hillary the finger. Why? Because it’s raining and I’m feeling sophomoric. So there.

Happy weekend, Lone Reader! Make art, not war!

No comments: