Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whatdya Think?


1. Music stuff
Kate Nash tickets are on sale... I can't decide if I like her or not. You've probably heard the song "Foundations." I frankly thought maybe I was listening to a tougher version of Lily Allen. (Although both songs are about a former lover, Allen's "Smile" is a little more subtle in it's contempt than Nash's song "D*ckhead") What do you think? Should I stay or should I go?

I'm lined up with shows for the next month...The Hives/Donnas is going to be amazing, Springsteen on 3/16 and I'm for sure getting in the pit this time. (Okay, I'm again trying to get in the pit.) And of course, my beloved Mike Doughty on 3/23. This is one of several reasons why I could never live in NYC...when would I have time to work to pay for all those damn shows? Not to mention, I'm actually a grown up, I think...

2. Flu
Arrgh. Did I luck out and get the strain of flu that isn't covered by the vaccine? This Strib article suggests maybe so. I can't complain too much -- I haven't gotten the flu in years, so if this is as bad as it'll get, I'm okay.

3. The Weekend!
If I get better by Saturday, I'm going to pop in at Franklin to see the show by Tectonic Industries. Looks good. I'm definitely going to my friend's Oscar party on Sunday night, although I'm a little disappointed that there will be an Oscar show. I had kind of hoped that each guest would do a dramatic re-enactment of the nominees and then we'd vote. I guess it's just as well...the rehearsals of my 5-minute version of "No Country for Old Men" were scaring the hell out of my kids. (Sadly, I've already gotten my Javier haircut...)

Happy warm-up, my babies!

No comments: