Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Skywriting


Sigh. I’m not in such a great way, Lone Reader. I’m not sleeping well again, and that always gets me down. I had a great weekend, but this week brings lots of work and the prep for a garage sale with my sister on Friday. Preparing for such an event is so defeating – seeing the things your family cherished whisked away for mere coins is a bit of a downer. Don’t get me wrong – I love getting rid of things. I love having less clutter and reducing the kid junk that remains all over the guest room. (God help me if we have a guest.) It’s just a lot of work and at the end of the day you’ve got around $40 to show for the hours of tagging and setting up. Am I bringing you down, man? Sorry.

Part of what’s getting to me is that I can’t find two important papers. It has been drawn to my attention that I may have a wee problem with misplacing things. I know I need a better system. Or any system. I’m very organized at work, it’s once things enter the house they vanish…sigh. I’ll get it together at some point. Okay, starting now, I’m a new woman…organized and on top of things. (Raise your hand if you buy this. Me neither.)

Did you see this story in the news? Someone hit a poor woman’s dog and is now suing her for damages to his ’97 Civic? Man, that’s seriously bad karma, dude.

In other crazy news, a guy in Alabama has invented a machine that can make clouds shaped like logos. Disney is going to fly Mickey heads over Disney World next month. Are you kidding me? On the plus side, I can think of some uses of strategically shaped clouds during the Republican convention in September. (hee hee)

Review:
Jesus Saves, the book by Darcey Steinke isn’t so much worth it. Interesting and a quick read, but not spectacular. Glad I didn’t pay full price for it.

Update:
Well, I just got off the phone with my sis, who always makes me smile. I’m a little better. I promise I’ll return to the breezy, entertaining blogs of yore. I have so many TRUE STORIES to share: My love triangle with Oprah, a row of animal heads on hooks in the catacombs of Disney, even more bacon lore. Oh, we’ll have a grand time, Lone Reader…just bear with me. Thanks…

No comments: