Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mini Reviews n' More


After a super crappy day, I’m finally past my whining stage…or am I? Nah, I’m just messin’ with ya. The lowdown on my latest media meals:

1. May I just say that the free single of the week on iTunes is quite possibly the worst ever? I thought so. Judge for yourself, but to me, blecch. “Blind” by Hercules and Love Affair. It’ll make you wish you were “Deaf.”

In other iTunes news: I finally bought the new Elvis Costello CD (“Momofuku”) and it’s right tasty. Thank you, Sir, may I have another? But why oh why is the numero uno song on Elvis’ iTunes the dreadful “Veronica”? Sad, man.

2. Set your TiVos, people! The Daily Show has Scott “Narc” McClellan on Monday, June 2 and the very next day, David Sedaris. It’s all good, man. I don’t have TiVo, but I do have insomnia so it’s no prob, Bob. There’s also a possibility that I have a sick love of the Top Chef…I’m secretly looking forward to the finale so I can end this disease.

3. In a Slackin’ Festival of the Inappropriate, I watched “Strangers With Candy” and “The Aristocrats.” Strangely, I didn’t enjoy the Strangers…I loved the TV show and no on simultaneously fears and adores Amy Sedaris as much as I do. The Aristocrats was better than I thought it would be and gave me a new level of respect for Gilbert Gottfried. (It’s not saying much, but hey, you gotta start somewhere.) And about 10 minutes into it I realized this didn’t feature loveable Parisian kittens, but I still enjoyed it.

4. Did I or did I not say on April 18 in this very blog that the new Weezer was juicy fine?! And it is. Plus that mega-freakin' video is too funny. Video wizard Nick McGlynn has deconstructed the clips to make a reference companion video for those who truly need to know. I love you, Weezer. And Nick McGlynn.
Happy media-whoring, baby! (I was just talking to myself there.)

No comments: