Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Elvis!


Dear Mr. Costello,

I know that this whole Diana Krall thing is just a way of you biding time 'til you meet me again. You've gotta give it up man. You're a dozen years older then I am...you're busy with that whole 'music' thing and I'm busy with that whole 'real life' thing. It's not going to work out. And what did you do with all the money I sent you to fix your teeth?!

I'm going to send back all the love notes and trinkets you've send me over the years. (I've gotta keep the jewelry though, it's a girl's prerogative.) And I'm keeping the blog name, too. And all the CDs. And I've still never washed the hand you kissed, even though it was 1985. My doctor says I might lose it soon to the gangrene, but even then I'd pack it in dry ice as a symbol of our love. (Call for a psych eval. - ed.)

Happy birthday, darling! Love always,

Velma

No comments: