Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Thoughts


- Isaac Hayes died yesterday...he was one bad mutha. Here's hopin' for lots o' foxy chicks in heaven.

- Does anyone else find it crazy that the match.com ad says, "If you don't find someone in the first 6 months, the next 6 are free"? If you don't like this carp (yes, I said carp) we'll give you a double portion...

- According to an AP story, scientists are close to creating a compound that cloaks 3D objects, rendering them invisible. Why are they working on this when the Jetsons promised there'd be personal jet packs by now?!

- Did you watch the Frenchies get their comeuppance in last night's 400 meter relay last night? "Smash the Americans" indeed! I will say, I find the "countdown 'til the next glimpse of Michael Phelps" that NBC keeps up is REALLY tiring. And Michael Phelps, pull up your suit. I mean, I don't want to sound like a curmudgeon, but really, we don't need to know that much about you.

- There's a nice article in the NYT about Edward Hopper's paintings of Cape Cod and how those landscapes have changed over the years. I miss the ocean sooo much. (Beware, the story has auto audio.)

- Also in the NYT, Jane Brody's article on coffee's health benefits. Okay, there are also some detriments listed, thus the title "Sorting Out Coffee's Contradictions" but I read it as "Yay for Caffeine!"

- And in another AP story, St. Paul teens are caught when police followed the orange Cheetos trail leading from the vandalized snack machine at Arlington Rec. right to the three teens with orange fingers. That's why you gotta go with Bugles, boys...you can pop them over your fingernails and turn into a super hero that can scratch out of any sitch. Plus, no tell-tale orange dust. (Was that a Poe story?)

- I had a great weekend, very low-key and I'm looking forward to my niece's third birthday tomorrow. Today I took my dog to the vet and he does have cataracts. He is mainly blind. He had some bloodwork done, then I got a referral to a veterinary opthamologist. Jinkies! That sounds expensive, doesn't it? We'll see (no pun intended.)

Happy Monday, Lone Reader! You rock!

No comments: