Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mary Ann Likes the Mary Jane


1. Hey! You know what? After 50 years on that island you’d be looking for some relief too. AP story

2. In other not-news, last night I went to hear Stan Bann’s Big Band at O’Gara’s. They were good, as always, and I ran into somebody I thought I might know. “Do I know you?” he said. “I was thinking the same thing.” “Oh yeah…I think we had a date.” We caught up a little and had a laugh about the internet dating thing. ("Is he havin' a laff?!")

This is now the second time this month that I’ve run into someone I had a single date with and then we sort of recognized each other. It’s very weird. I suppose it’s better than in high school, where your dating missteps have the locker next to yours. It’s still kinda jarring. (Note to all internet daters out there: don’t leave the house looking less than your best – you WILL see someone you know.)

3. Re. Eliot Spitzer: Dude! $4,300?! I am in the wrong line of work. (relax, it’s a joke…)

Happy warm up and hug it out, people!

No comments: